Solid Waste & Recycling
- 2022_03_18 SWP586 Draft Introduction
- 2022_03_18 SWP586 Draft Permit Module I
- 2022_03_18 SWP586 Draft Permit Module II
- 2022_03_18 SWP586 Draft Permit Module III
- 2022_03_18 SWP586 Draft Permit Module X
- 2022_03_18 SWP586 Draft Permit Module XI
- 2022_03_18 SWP586 Draft Permit Module XII
- 2022_03_18 SWP586 Draft Permit Module XIII
- 2022_03_18 SWP586 Technical Review Complete
Effective February 28, 2020, propane tanks are no longer accepted at County convenience centers. Local recyclers will not accept them.
Effective December 4, 2017, any King George County resident or property owner using one of the County’s convenience centers or the sanitary landfill to dispose of household waste and/or recyclable material must have a valid county license decal affixed to their vehicle or properly displayed written authorization from the county administrator. Please also see our Convenience Center Use Policy.
Solid Waste Centers
King George County offers trash disposal and recycling at two county convenience centers and the Sealston landfill. Convenience centers are only available to county residents and property owners. Non-residents and commercial users may pay to dispose of waste at the Sealston landfill, and the fee will be determined by the weight of the material.
Our Purkins' Corner convenience center is located on Henry Griffin Road, just off Route 205 near the King George Elementary School. Our Sealston convenience center is adjacent to the County landfill at 10376 Bullock Drive.
- Can I dispose of hazardous materials?
- What can be recycled?
- What cannot be accepted at the Purkins - Route 205 Center?
- What holidays are the convenience centers closed?
- Do I need a county sticker to use the landfill or convenience centers?
- Is there a charge for any items from my own residence?
- Can I get an exemption to allow me to use my business vehicle to drop off my household trash?
- Can I use a commercial sized vehicle to deliver the waste from construction/cleanup on my property?
- Where can I view the Convenience Center Use Policy?
- How do I obtain a county license decal?