The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) has partnered with Virginia public libraries to provide free virtually guided rapid antigen tests.
- Each kit is labeled with instructions and rapid antigen tests provide results within 15 minutes.
- Tests should be used within two weeks and must be stored between 36 – 86 degrees F.
- Tests are meant to be used immediately and not meant to be stored for future use.
If you have questions regarding testing or test results, please contact your healthcare provider or your local health department (https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/local-health-districts/), visit the VDH’s website (https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/antigen-testing-recommendations), or call the Virginia COVID Information Center at 1-877-829-4682, Mon-Fri 8am-6pm.
You will need the following:
1. An internet connection
2. An internet-enabled device (computer, mobile phone, or tablet) with a webcam or
front-facing camera, microphone, speaker, and supported browser for the testing session
3. A valid photo ID to show the eMed telehealth proctor. Wi-Fi is available in the library parking lot. Do not take the test in the library.
4. Kits are limited to one per individual. Tests provided are for individuals not businesses or agencies. VDH recommends a test for each person in your household who needs one.
Library staff cannot assist with administering tests. Tests are available through curbside only. Kits will be distributed Thursday, January 13 via curbside. Please call 540-775-2147, ext. 12 to schedule a contactless curbside pickup.