- Departments A-G
- Finance Department
The mission of the Finance Department is to provide quality financial and administrative support services to all users in a professional, proactive and effective manner and in conformance with the highest standards set for similar operations.
The Finance Department's primary functions include financial reporting, debt management, internal audit, accounting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll processing, fixed asset reporting, procurement, budgeting and risk management. The Finance Department supports all departments, agencies, and schools. Finance staff endeavors to deliver quality services in a cost effective manner. The department embraces the development and growth of staff through an environment that offers the opportunity to learn and fosters teamwork, creativity, and initiative.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial transactions and reports to assist customers in the delivery of their services
- Manage the issuance and administration of debt to optimize the cost and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Implement procurement policies and procedures for the purchase of goods and services, while encouraging competition, compliance, accountability, and fairness; and providing quality customer service
- Provide excellent service and satisfy existing and emerging needs and requirements of information technology for internal and external customers
- Update and maintain a comprehensive listing of capital assets, and implement appropriate controls to safeguard the assets
- Enhance the automation capabilities of the financial system, enabling staff to access financial records in an effective and efficient manner
- Implement best practices in risk management to protect employees and the community, and to minimize insurance premiums and claims costs
- Challenge employees to grow through internal career development programs and external training opportunities