King George Parks and Recreation
New Orleans Trip
This trip to New Orleans lasts for 9 days and 8 nights. It runs from April 15 - April 23, 2023. The cost is $979 for double occupancy; add $330 for single occupancy. $75 is due at signing.
Here are some of what the price includes:
- Motorcoach transportation
- 8 nights lodging including 4 consecutive nights in the New Orleans area
- 14 meals: 8 breakfasts and 6 dinners
- GUIDED TOUR OF NEW ORLEANS
- Admission to the NATIONAL WORLD WAR II MUSEUM
- GUIDED TOUR OF A LOUISIANA PLANTATION
- Admission to MARDI GRAS WORLD
- Relaxing RIVERBOAT CRUISE on the Mississippi River
- Enjoy Historic New Orleans French Quarter
Here is the itinerary for the trip:
- Day 1
- Depart your group's location in a spacious, video and restroom equipped Motorcoach as you head for your destination: Historic New Orleans! This evening, you will settle into a
- comfortable en route hotel for a good night's rest.
- Day 2
- After enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you will depart for the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway in Chattanooga, TN. Later in the day, enjoy Dinner and check into your en route hotel.
- Day 3
- Today after enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you will continue towards your destination. Tonight, you'll enjoy Dinner before checking into your New Orleans area hotel for a four night stay.
- Day 4
- After a Continental Breakfast, enjoy a GUIDED TOUR OF NEW ORLEANS and learn about the past and present of what makes this unique city a treasure. Then depart for the French Market District. Since 1791, the French Market has served and entertained millions of visitors in the French Quarter. Next, you will visit the NATIONAL WORLD WAR II MUSEUM. You will take in a cinematic experience on their 120 feet wide screen. It is a jaw-dropping experience in 4-D, a technique that engages all the audience's senses with digital effects, life sized animation, as well as film and sound. This evening, you will Dine at a local New Orleans restaurant.
- Day 5
- After a Continental Breakfast, you'll journey beyond the city limits of New Orleans and discover the Destrehan Plantation, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Discover what it is like to live in another time as you are guided through the lovingly restored main house and its exhibits by a friendly and entertaining costumed guide. Wander among the other authentic buildings on the plantation grounds, see the plantations daily demonstration, or browse through authentic gifts in the Destrehan Plantation's Gift Shop. Then, depart for New Orleans. Enjoy free time in the French Quarter. Do some shopping, stop to hear great music in the French Quarter – or just see the sights. This evening, you will enjoy Dinner with entertainment.
- Day 6
- Enjoy a Continental Breakfast, then depart for MARDI GRAS WORLD. Learn about the history of Mardi Gras, watch artists at work and enjoy a slice of the famous King Cake! Next, you will head to Riverwalk, which features over 75 retailers and restaurants on the majestic Mississippi River. Later, you will go on a relaxing RIVERBOAT CRUISE on the Mississippi River. Wind down as you set sail and explore the Mississippi River. This evening, you will Dine at a local restaurant.
- Day 7
- Enjoy a Continental Breakfast before leaving for the MAX (Mississippi Arts & Entertainment Experience) in Meridian, MS. Later that day, after a relaxing Dinner, you'll check into your en route hotel.
- Day 8
- Today you will have Continental Breakfast and then go to the Market Square District in Knoxville, TN. Tonight, relax in your en route hotel.
- Day 9
- Today after enjoying Continental Breakfast, you depart for home… a time to chat with your friends about all the fun things you've done, the great sights you have seen, and where your next group trip will take you!
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Vivian Shelton at (540) 775 - 4FUN